Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes which will be offered through Open and Distance Learning mode.
1.0 AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
1.1 B.SC. ACCOUNTING
1.2 B.SC. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
1.3 B.SC. ECONOMICS
1.4 B.SC. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
(a) B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
(b) B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Studies
(c) B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
(d) B.Sc. (Ed.) Early Childhood Education
(e) B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
(f) B.A. (Ed.) English
(f) B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
(g) B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
2.0 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
The following candidates are eligible to apply:
2.1 Graduates of University of Lagos or any other University recognised by Senate with Degrees in relevant disciplines.
2.2 Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) or National Diploma (ND) or National Certificate in Education (NCE) in the relevant disciplines.
2.3 Holders of recognised relevant full professional qualifications particularly ACA, ANAN, ACCA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB and CII may be considered for admission at enhanced level provided they have five credits at WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (‘O’ Level) or its equivalent, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any other two (2) relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
2.4 Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (‘O’ Level) or its equivalent with credit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics plus any other three (3) relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
NOTE: (a) Point of entry for candidates in categories 2.1 to 2.3 will depend on details of their transcripts and such candidates must also satisfy the WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (‘O’ Level) or its equivalent as stated in 2.4 above.
(b) Applicants are to ensure all examination numbers and certificates of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO “O” Level or its equivalent are inputted and uploaded on the portal.
(c) Applicants into year two (2) and year (3) presenting post “O” Level qualifications such as Degrees, HND, NCE, OND and professional qualifications are to send in their Academic Transcripts through the awarding institutions with application number as reference number to:
The Institute Secretary,
Distance Learning Institute
University of Lagos
4.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Application will be in two stages: Part-Time JAMB Registration and DLI UNILAG
- Applicants for Distance Learning Institute programme shall not be less than 16 years of age by 31st October, 2022.
- Offer of admission into programmes listed above is subject to available number of qualified
- On-line Print out ‘O’ Level Results Slips are NOT ACCEPTABLE at the point of Registration.
- Candidates awaiting results are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Certificates and not Statement of Result Slips are acceptable for WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO results obtained before 2019.
- All completed application forms are to be submitted on or before 15th December, 2022.
- There will be NO UTME Examination for Distance Learning Institute, University of Lagos
5.0 PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Long on to JAMB CAP Website and Register (Part-Time)
Pay a sum of #3,500 to enable you obtain registration number
Step 1: Log on to UNILAG application portal http://applications.unilag.edu.ng
Step 2: Click “Start Fresh Application”
Step 3: Select Distance Learning Institute as application type, then supply your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, JAMB Registration Number, Mobile Number and Email Address.
Step 4: Click the ‘’pay now’’ to pay online, the Application Fee of N17,500.00 (Seventeen Thousand, Five Hundred Naira) only, OR print the payment advice with Remita Number to make payment at any Commercial Bank.
Step 5: Return to the application portal (http://applications.unilag.edu.ng) after payment, click ‘’continue application’’, input your payment reference number and your surname in lowercase as password.
Step 6: Complete all required details and upload necessary documents.
Candidates must upload the under listed documents:
- Testimonial (Primary or Secondary)
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Affidavit that predates the admissions advertisement
- ‘O’ Level Certificate/All other Qualifications
- NYSC Certificate/NYSC Exemption Certificate (for Direct Entry candidates)
- Marriage Certificate and Newspaper classification (Married female only)
Step 7: Complete the application form, submit online and print a copy. (Applicant is allowed to save application form and later complete the form in case certain information are not readily available).
NOTE: For further assistance, call any of these Help Lines: +234-810-960-6362, +234-705-240-6470, +234-907-368-9973
OLADEJO AZEEZ, ESQ.
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL