Show some love, Share this with everyone
In 2001, The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) was founded. And their major mission was to organize researchers together to work on health problems of importance to Africa and other emerging markets. This mission will be achieved through knowledge management, cross-sector collaboration, public-private sector linkage, institutional strengthening, programmatic partnership, capacity building, strategic partnership, and technology platforms. It will seek to use strict proof and methodologies to bring quality solutions for public and private sector stakeholders to enable sustainable development and inclusive economic growth in pursuing its mission, The Africa Health Institute acknowledges that in other to achieve excellence the must-have to also focus on balancing global research with local expertise. AHRI aims to achieve this by bringing together a high-powered group of researchers around the world to focus on and bring out new ideas or new methods that can help in boosting African values and strengths.
Not only that, but The Africa Health Research Institute has also provided a flexible approach to both student selection and scholarship and has made it easier for students to enter into the program and allowed the students to get a balanced learning experience with opportunities to extend their study beyond the 2 years duration of the program.
The Africa Health Research Institute offers 5 master of science scholarships (1 each year) for full-time study in any field of AHRI” s work program. The studentship will be tenable at any Cape town, Ghana, Monrovia, Amman, Lusaka, Botswana, Kampala, Windhoek, Dar es Salaam, Harare, Nairobi, or Cairo.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Africa Health Research Institute MSc Scholarships:
This scholarship is available for all who aspire to pursue an MSc degree in any area of The Africa Health Research Institute work program.
So for you to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- You must base permanently in South Africa during the period of application
- You must have a valid passport during the time of application.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree with second class upper division and higher.
- If you are selected for this award you will have to fly to London to start your studies.
- Applicants must have excellent grades and also need to show evidence of exceptional ability in their chosen field.
- Applicants are expected to apply before 31st July for full consideration.
NOTE: Preference will be given to candidates who can study at least some of their time at the campuses where they would most like to spend their research studies.
- There is no particular preference for subject areas or universities in which applicants might prefer to study.
- Studentship recipients will receive financial assistance towards tuition fees and maintenance during their time at AHRI’s teaching campus
Your Applications should include:
- A short CV contains detailed information about your educational background, Honors, previous employment, prizes, and publications
- Proof of leadership potential or personal interest in Africa and development studies.
One academic writing sample (1000-2500 words);
The official scholarship provider must also submit Two recommendation letters: one from a professor familiar with the applicant’s work; and one from an employer familiar with the applicant’s work (must be employed not a friend). Letters should be sent directly to [email protected] Please specify your area of interest on the first page of your application.
Key Benefits of the Africa Health Research Institute MSc Scholarships:
This program provides funds for students bursaries and travel stipends for students at the Master’s level from eligible African countries who will undertake a master’s degree program in one of these international centers Nigeria, Jordan, Angola, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Benin, Egypt, South Africa, Liberia, Uganda, Mozambique, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana or Rwanda.
This scholarship is available once a year and it can’t be renewed. Applicants may reapply after 2 years if they want.
For your application submission kindly click here ( https://www.ahri.org/ahri-ucl-msc-scholarship-2022-2023/ )