Show some love, Share this with everyone
The Nelson Mandela Friendship Scholarship in South Africa are available for all international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate degrees at the University of Cape Town. All interested applicants must have an outstanding academic qualification and own a first-class or second-class honor degree.
For an applicant to be worthy of acceptance, he or she must have been registered at the University of Cape Town for at least 2 years before applying for the Nelson Mandela Fellowship. Applicants must be financially stable, and able to complete their studies and should not register for more than 2 courses at the University of Cape Town.
The Nelson Mandela Friendship Scholarship will cover your full tuition fees and the merited applicant will also receive a grant which will cover their living cost for 3 years. Note that the grant amount varies yearly and this depends on the need and cost of living in the country.
All Successful applicants who passed all entrance requirements and meet all the English language requirements will be notified to start a master’s course at the University of Cape Town.
The IIGL in full Indian Institute of Governance and Leadership created under the Confederation of Young Leaders provides for over 51 scholarships to South African students to pursue a Diploma Certificate Programme in International Affairs and Diplomacy under the Indian Institute of Governance and leadership Friendship Scholarship 2021.
This scholarship is awarded yearly and only one award is given to each candidate. Candidates should have previously applied for admission to the Diploma Certificate Programme in International Affairs and Diplomacy at the Indian Institute of Governance and Leadership.
Applicants should also be planning to study in South Africa at an accredited tertiary institution in 2021. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from an accredited tertiary institution, or display leadership potential.
Nelson Mandela Friendship Selection criteria:
- Applicants must have started their studies or gained admission to start their studies at Leiden University;
- The Applicant must be well prepared to return to South Africa after their studies at Leiden University.
- Applications will not be considered unless these requirements are met.
- The applicant must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of South Africa
- The applicants must be registered in one of the South African Universities
- International Applicants are required to provide three references while domestic applicants are required to provide two references.
- Experience & relevant skills required: Relevant work experience or studies abroad or anywhere.
- Applicant must have a recognized Diploma credential from an accredited institution of higher learning or professional training in international affairs or diplomacy.
- Applicant profile must contain a Current working experience or studies abroad or anywhere.
Nelson Mandela Friendship Scholarship Benefits:
The scholarship benefits include:
- Full tuition
- Accommodation allowance(€ 800) monthly for 5 months
- International traveling expenses( €1000).
- This scholarship also covers your transit fare, insurance coverage, and residence permit fees for those living outside South Africa.
How to Apply Nelson Mandela Friendship
All interested students can apply for this scholarship by sending a CV, Undergraduate Degree Transcripts, Proof of citizenship, copies of any relevant qualifications, a personal statement on why they would like to study at the University of Cape Town, proof of funds, proof of health insurance and Passport details.
Applicants are required to send their CV in pdf format along with 2 recent colored photographs not more than 4MB each and copies of relevant academic credentials, preferably officially certified by an internationally recognized accreditation agency.
Applications end on the the10th of August 2021 the 2022 recipient of the ANSTOSQPL grant will be chosen based on merit, and personal suitability for the position. relevance to the program, and subject to funding availability.
Successful applicants will be communicated on the 15th of September 2022 and asked to confirm their willingness to proceed on the 1st of October 2022 and the official closing date for applications is on Friday, 10th August 2022.
All interested applicants can submit their applications electronically through email: [email protected] For more information please kindly contact Dr. Margareth Abraham (mail: [email protected]). Please quote reference number ANSTOSQPL/06521 on all correspondence. Any information given by you may be used for selection purposes only.
For more information visit the official website (https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/education )