This is to inform all candidates who wish to apply for the 2022 UTME that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced a change regarding the reading texts for subjects like Literature-in-English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic.
For purposes of emphasis, the newly- introduced texts are highlighted below;
JAMB new reading texts for Literature-in-English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic
ARABIC Reading Texts
- The Nigerian Arabic Poems ; a case study between the old and the new, by Abdulwahab Dan Ladi Shith
- Diwaanur Riyardh : A collection of Arabic Poems , by Dr. Isah Alabi Abubakar
- The Prospect Of Arabic Language in Nigeria, by Murtadh Badamasi
- A Selection of Pulpit Councelling, by Adam Abdullahi Al-Ilory
- Why The Anger On Us. A literature text , by Muhammad Salisu Mai Ango
- The perfection/Adornment of Pages ; A book of poems, by Abdullahi Bin Fodio
HAUSA Reading Texts
- Prose (zube) Turmin Danya
- Poetry (waka) Wakokin Hausa
- Drama (wasan kwaikwayo) Abin Da Kamar Wuya
IGBO Reading Texts
- Prose(iduuazi) Chinedu Ofomata (2009). . Enugu: Format Publishing LTD.
- Poetry (Abu) Nolue Emenanjo. . Onitisha: Evans Brothers.
- Drama (Ejije) Odunke Artists (1981). . Ibadan: U.P.L.
LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH Reading texts
- Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne.
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta.
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei Agyiri.
- Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte.
YORUBA Reading Texts
- Akojopo Alo Ijapa Apa Kin-in-ni by Adeboye Babalola (University Press Plc,Ibadan)
- Awon Oriki Orile Metadinlogbon by Adeboye Babalola (Learn African Plc, Lagos).
- Moremi Ajasoro by Debo Awe (Elyon Publishers, Ilesa).
- Oro Enu Akewi by Ayomide Akanji (Genius Books Publishers, Ibadan).
- Nitori Owo by Akinwumi Isola (Sumob Publishers, Osogbo).